✓ Zašto američka kuhinja ima bolju budućnost od arhitekture?
✓ Kako signalizirati bogatstvo u vreme masovne proizvodnje?
✓ Kome trebaju plastična hirurgija i hormoni rasta?
- McMansions 101 Special Edition: Mansion vs... | McMansion Hell — I get a lot of emails these days, (a good thing!) and a lot of them involve people sending me links to houses (or pictures of their own) asking me whether or not the house in question is or is not a McMansion. This post aims to explain the important differences between the two.
- McMansion - Wikipedia — In suburban communities, McMansion is a pejorative term for a large "mass-produced" dwelling marketed to the upper middle class mainly in the United States.
- Crown New Home Communities | Gaithersburg, Maryland Homes | Pulte — Already 87% sold out! New, 4-level townhomes with lofts and rooftop terraces in Gaithersburg, MD, from the mid $600Ks. Spacious, two-level condos from the low $500Ks. These new homes for sale are footsteps from restaurants, shops, Harris Teeter, the amenity center, LA Fitness, outdoor festivals & exciting nightlife in Downtown Crown. Life here is inspiring, connected, & full of energy.
- 453 Salk Cir, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 | MLS #MDMC743238 | Zillow — Wormald Homes coveted Estate Home model presents living on a grand scale with soaring ceilings, oversized rooms and a fluid transition between indoor & outdoor living with screened porch, deck, terrace and recently completed hardscape with fireplace, all overlooking tranquil water.
- NIMBY - Wikipedia — NIMBY, an acronym for the phrase "not in my back yard", or Nimby, is a characterization of opposition by residents to proposed developments in their local area, as well as support for strict land use regulations. It carries the connotation that such residents are only opposing the development because it is close to them and that they would tolerate or support it if it were built farther away. The residents are often called Nimbys, and their viewpoint is called Nimbyism.
- YIMBY - Wikipedia — YIMBY is an acronym for "yes, in my back yard", a pro-housing movement in contrast and opposition to the NIMBY ("not in my back yard") phenomenon. The YIMBY position supports increasing the supply of housing within cities where housing costs have escalated to unaffordable levels. YIMBYs often seek rezoning that would allow denser housing to be produced or the repurposing of obsolete buildings, such as malls (shopping centers), into housing. Some YIMBYs have also supported public-interest projects like clean energy or alternative transport.
- Decal - Wikipedia — A decal (/ˈdiːkæl/, US also /dɪˈkæl/, CAN /ˈdɛkəl/) or transfer is a plastic, cloth, paper, or ceramic substrate that has printed on it a pattern or image that can be moved to another surface upon contact, usually with the aid of heat or water. The word is short for decalcomania, which is the English version of the French word décalcomanie.
- Whither Tartaria? - Astral Codex Ten — Imagine a postapocalyptic world. Beside the ruined buildings of our own civilization - St. Peter’s Basilica, the Taj Mahal, those really great Art Deco skyscrapers - dwell savages in mud huts. The savages see the buildings every day, but they never compose legends about how they were built by the gods in a lost golden age. No, they say they themselves could totally build things just as good or better. They just choose to build mud huts instead, because they’re more stylish.
- Highlights From The Comments On Modern Architecture - Astral Codex Ten — How come we don’t have architects saying “Of course I’d like to build something ornate, but it costs too much”? How come we don’t have rich people (and the occasional cash-flush government working on a monument that it really cares about) saying “screw the price, I really want this one thing to look nice”? I feel like I’m doing some kind of weird archaeology here to try to discover why this happens, whereas every single person in architecture and construction and so on should know whether or not this is true.
- YIMBY Poland 🇵🇱🥟 on Twitter: "It's Saturday, so it's time for a thread 🧵 on another Polish urban phenomena - *pasteloza*! If you have ever been to Poland and some other Eastern Bloc countries, perhaps you've noticed that the socialist-era housing estates in Poland tend to be more... colorful. But why? https://t.co/es0pJfwxgB" / Twitter — It's Saturday, so it's time for a thread 🧵 on another Polish urban phenomena - *pasteloza*! If you have ever been to Poland and some other Eastern Bloc countries, perhaps you've noticed that the socialist-era housing estates in Poland tend to be more... colorful. But why?
- Inside Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's 'horrifying' mansion — A bleak scene graces the March cover of Architectural Digest magazine showing a curved staircase against a backdrop of neutral tones and a table with nary a fake fruit atop it.
- Burt Reynolds regrets naked 1972 Cosmopolitan centerfold photo | Daily Mail Online — Burt Reynolds became the first man to pose naked for a magazine when he shot a centerfold for girls mag Cosmopolitan, but it's something he now says he wishes he hadn't done.
- Kumail Nanjiani: See Photos Of His Transformation For Marvel Movie – Hollywood Life — While Kumail was always a good looking comic and actor, he debuted his six-pack and Chris Pratt–like transformation for the MCU in 2019, when he took to his Instagram to show-off his muscular new physique. The Stuber star joked about showing off his new body at the time. “I never thought I’d be one of those people who would post a thirsty shirtless, but I’ve worked way too hard for way too long so here we are,” he wrote in the caption.